JOIN US and be part of growing our community!
Our next meeting is Thursday, September 8th at noon at Liberty Lanes. Topics of discussion include holiday promotions for retailers, Chamber Discount program, and more! Thumb Festival 2017 meeting immediately following at 1 p.m.
The Sandusky Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promotion of our stores, restaurants, factories, and businesses of all types. We invite visitors to check out all our town has to offer for shopping, dining, entertainment, parks, and festivals!
Top 10 Reasons to Do Business in Sandusky, Michigan
1. It's the county seat, and the 41,423 people that live in Sanilac County come here for shopping, county and state offices, theater and restaurants.
2. We have the largest concentration of retail and restaurant offerings in the county, with several major retailers drawing people into town. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Family Farm & Home, Tractor Supply spend lots on advertising to get people here, and it works.
3. The intersection of M-46 and M-19 brings thousands of cars driving right past your business each day, more traffic than any other business district in the county.
4. Sandusky shoppers generate $22,498,954.00 in retail sales a year! Add to that the shoppers from outside Sandusky who travel here, and you have some serious shopping being done here. Source, Gale Cengage Alteryx retail sales report for 2016.
5. We have lots of things that families want to do. Think of it...we have the only theater in the county, a hockey rink, the County 4H Fair, two awesome parks with ball diamonds, walking trails, an accessible playground, and a brand new splash pad!
6. We have things that adults like too, including a microbrewery, shopping, sports bar, and lots of shopping and dining options.
7. Two motels that are filled each week with traveling business and construction workers, and they generally spend evenings in town.
8. Its a friendly community. Many businesses have been here for generations, and the business owners work together and support each other. Its a modern day Mayberry, where you get to know each other.
9. It's a great place to live, work and worship. Sandusky is the epitome of a small Midwestern town, with good people who enjoy a slower pace, are welcoming and warm, and will treat you well. If you're new to town, you will be welcomed with open arms and probably be invited to at least a few Sunday services.
10. We are on an upswing. Sandusky was one of 10 communities in Michigan chosen by Governor Snyder for the "Rising Tide" project. A committee is currently working hard on developing our community. Read more here.
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 was a banner day for Sandusky City Council members, Chamber Director and Large Employers. We got to meet the Governor, and sit down and work with him on ways to improve the quality of life, incomes, and home ownership rates within our small town.
Governor Snyder handpicked Sandusky as a pilot for his "Rising Tide" program. To learn more about the objectives of this program, read the action plan here.
September 7, 2:30 p.m. at the Airport, Country Christmas Planning
September 8, Noon at Liberty Lanes, Monthly General Meeting
September 8, 1:00 p.m. Liberty Lanes, Thumb Festival Planning Committee
October 12th, 2:30 p.m., Airport, Country Christmas Planning
October 12th, 5:30 p.m., Elk St. Brewery
October 13th, Noon, Benchwarmers
Monthly General Meeting
October 13th, 1:00 p.m., Benchwarmers Thumb Festival Planning Committee
November 10th, Noon, Benchwarmers
December 8th, Noon, Big Boy