JOIN US and be part of growing our community!
Citizen of the Year/Thumb Festival planning Meeting:
Date: February 4, 2020, 6PM,
Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
Location: Bench Warmers
Time: 12:00 PM.
Top 10 Reasons to Do Business in Sandusky, Michigan
1. It's the county seat, and the 41,423 people that live in Sanilac County come here for shopping, county and state offices, theater and restaurants.
2. We have the largest concentration of retail and restaurant offerings in the county, with several major retailers drawing people into town. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Family Farm & Home, Tractor Supply spend lots on advertising to get people here, and it works.
3. The intersection of M-46 and M-19 brings thousands of cars driving right past your business each day, more traffic than any other business district in the county.
4. Sandusky shoppers generate $22,498,954.00 in retail sales a year! Add to that the shoppers from outside Sandusky who travel here, and you have some serious shopping being done here. Source, Gale Cengage Alteryx retail sales report for 2016.
5. We have lots of things that families want to do. Think of it...we have the only theater in the county, a hockey rink, the County 4H Fair, two awesome parks with ball diamonds, walking trails, an accessible playground, and a brand new splash pad!
6. We have things that adults like too, including a microbrewery, shopping, sports bar, and lots of shopping and dining options.
7. Two motels that are filled each week with traveling business and construction workers, and they generally spend evenings in town.
8. Its a friendly community. Many businesses have been here for generations, and the business owners work together and support each other. Its a modern day Mayberry, where you get to know each other.
9. It's a great place to live, work and worship. Sandusky is the epitome of a small Midwestern town, with good people who enjoy a slower pace, are welcoming and warm, and will treat you well. If you're new to town, you will be welcomed with open arms and probably be invited to at least a few Sunday services.
10. We are on an upswing. Sandusky was one of 10 communities in Michigan chosen by Governor Snyder for the "Rising Tide" project. A committee is currently working hard on developing our community. Read more here.