JOIN US and be part of growing our community!
Our next meeting is Thursday, December 8, 2016 at noon at Big Boy. Topics of discussion include an evaluation of the Country Christmas weekend events.
The Sandusky Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promotion of our stores, restaurants, factories, and businesses of all types. We invite visitors to check out all our town has to offer for shopping, dining, entertainment, parks, and festivals!
Top 10 Reasons to Do Business in Sandusky, Michigan
1. It's the county seat, and the 41,423 people that live in Sanilac County come here for shopping, county and state offices, theater and restaurants.
2. We have the largest concentration of retail and restaurant offerings in the county, with several major retailers drawing people into town. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Family Farm & Home, Tractor Supply spend lots on advertising to get people here, and it works.
3. The intersection of M-46 and M-19 brings thousands of cars driving right past your business each day, more traffic than any other business district in the county.
4. Sandusky shoppers generate $22,498,954.00 in retail sales a year! Add to that the shoppers from outside Sandusky who travel here, and you have some serious shopping being done here. Source, Gale Cengage Alteryx retail sales report for 2016.
5. We have lots of things that families want to do. Think of it...we have the only theater in the county, a hockey rink, the County 4H Fair, two awesome parks with ball diamonds, walking trails, an accessible playground, and a brand new splash pad!
6. We have things that adults like too, including a microbrewery, shopping, sports bar, and lots of shopping and dining options.
7. Two motels that are filled each week with traveling business and construction workers, and they generally spend evenings in town.
8. Its a friendly community. Many businesses have been here for generations, and the business owners work together and support each other. Its a modern day Mayberry, where you get to know each other.
9. It's a great place to live, work and worship. Sandusky is the epitome of a small Midwestern town, with good people who enjoy a slower pace, are welcoming and warm, and will treat you well. If you're new to town, you will be welcomed with open arms and probably be invited to at least a few Sunday services.
10. We are on an upswing. Sandusky was one of 10 communities in Michigan chosen by Governor Snyder for the "Rising Tide" project. A committee is currently working hard on developing our community. Read more here.
Sandusky Christmas 2016 Home Decorating Contest
The Sandusky Chamber of Commerce is once again hosting a Sandusky Christmas Decorating Contest for homes and businesses! Lets light up our town to welcome visitors and show our Christmas spirit. Homes, organizations and businesses within a 3 mile radius of downtown Sandusky will be eligible for prizes.
Prizes will be awarded in the following residential categories:
· Clark W. Griswold Award for Over the Top Decorating
· Best Nativity
· Best Christmas Character Display
· Most Elegant Display
Businesses and Organizations will have two categories:
· Most Creative
· Best Lighting Display
To be considered, decorations must be up by November 29th. Judging will take place on November 30th. Winners will be announced during the Country Christmas Lighted Farm Implement Parade broadcast on WTGV-FM. Winners will receive a framed photo of their display, along with a $50 gift card from our sponsors, Northstar Bank, Team One Credit Union, and Eastern Michigan Bank.
December 8th, Noon, Big Boy
Double click here to add text.
Secret Santa: On Small Business Saturday, November 26th and Saturday, December 3rd, there will be over $400 in cash and prizes given away to shoppers "caught" in Chamber member businesses around Sandusky. Incognito Chamber representatives will be handing out cash from the Chamber of Commerce between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. both days.