JOIN US and be part of growing our community!
Executive Board Meeting:
Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 5:30 PM Location: Bench Warmers
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2019
Location: Bench Warmers
Time: 12:00 PM.
The Sandusky Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promotion of our stores, restaurants, factories, and businesses of all types. We invite visitors to check out all our town has to offer for shopping, dining, entertainment, parks, and festivals!
Top 10 Reasons to Do Business in Sandusky, Michigan
1. It's the county seat, and the 41,423 people that live in Sanilac County come here for shopping, county and state offices, theater and restaurants.
2. We have the largest concentration of retail and restaurant offerings in the county, with several major retailers drawing people into town. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Family Farm & Home, Tractor Supply spend lots on advertising to get people here, and it works.
3. The intersection of M-46 and M-19 brings thousands of cars driving right past your business each day, more traffic than any other business district in the county.
4. Sandusky shoppers generate $22,498,954.00 in retail sales a year! Add to that the shoppers from outside Sandusky who travel here, and you have some serious shopping being done here. Source, Gale Cengage Alteryx retail sales report for 2016.
5. We have lots of things that families want to do. Think of it...we have the only theater in the county, a hockey rink, the County 4H Fair, two awesome parks with ball diamonds, walking trails, an accessible playground, and a brand new splash pad!
6. We have things that adults like too, including a microbrewery, shopping, sports bar, and lots of shopping and dining options.
7. Two motels that are filled each week with traveling business and construction workers, and they generally spend evenings in town.
8. Its a friendly community. Many businesses have been here for generations, and the business owners work together and support each other. Its a modern day Mayberry, where you get to know each other.
9. It's a great place to live, work and worship. Sandusky is the epitome of a small Midwestern town, with good people who enjoy a slower pace, are welcoming and warm, and will treat you well. If you're new to town, you will be welcomed with open arms and probably be invited to at least a few Sunday services.
10. We are on an upswing. Sandusky was one of 10 communities in Michigan chosen by Governor Snyder for the "Rising Tide" project. A committee is currently working hard on developing our community. Read more here.
2018-19 Sandusky Chamber of Commerce Board
MEMBERS AT LARGE
2019 Sandusky Citizen of the Year Nominations are now open. . Here are the nomination descriptions are as follows.
Business of the Year- a business or organization that has made a substantial
contribution to our community by its employees volunteering their time at
events and/or monetary donations.
Volunteer of the Year - someone that stands out in the community as everyone
knowing that they volunteer for various organizations. Example Greg
Alexander got it a few years ago and he volunteers for a ton of things in our
town and the state - Chamber, Thumb Festival, MMPA, Knights of Columbus,
SCHA, Octagon Barn, Drain Commission (holds offices state level and works
with other counties to help them) and much more.
Civic Samaritan - someone that gets reimbursed to keep people in our community
safe - example Sandusky Fire Department got it one year.
Dave Faber’s definition - Civic Samaritan - This would be a person or group
such as a Non Profit, Civic organization, School, or government, who does
extraordinary work for their city and community that’s above and beyond the
normal involvement. Their passion is to make the community better for its citizens
and the business community
Citizen of the Year - someone that people think of that promotes (is an advocate)
for our town, our community, really cares what happens to the people
in our community, works to make it a better place to live, work and play. Example
is Bill Dixon. He is an advocate for our community now through the
Lions and the Fireworks Committee. he helped start Miss Sanilac Counties.
He was chamber VP for many, many years. He was president for a couple of
years. He has helped so many people and helped promote Sandusky and it’s
downtown business district. He was Lions president and many, many more
things. This is the type of person that we want to honor and thank them for
helping our community grow and attract people to want to come here or
that they benefit form the things that this person has done.
Golden Hammer – Any business that has made improvements/expansions to
their current business in 2018.
Youth or Youth Group – This would be a young person or youth group, who
does extraordinary work for their city and community that’s above and beyond
the normal involvement. Their passion is to make the community better
for its citizens and the business community.
Contact the Chamber of Commerce at 810.648.4445 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org